What wakes you up in the morning, besides maybe your kids haha?
What sets your soul on fire?
Sadly, I don’t think enough of us know. Too many of us are living day to day just going through the motions but haven’t stopped to think why am I here? What do I want out of life?
I believe the best way to truly get what you want in a way you feel fulfilled, is to help as many other people get what they want. Little Jim Rohn for ya.
So essentially, once you figure out what gift you’re giving the world, you can then tap into the unlimited treasures of fulfilling your every want and need.
I wanted to write a short little how-to post to help guide you to get right within so that you can live a fulfilled life. A life full of passion, purpose, and giving! Of course, there are many ways, and they go deeper than what I lost below, but let’s start here:
1. Connect with your faith. May we never get so wrapped up in our life that we forget who wakes us up in the morning and gives it to us. I’m guilty, trust me. I know it’s so easy to do. But we are not here to get degrees. Pay bills. Get promoted in our careers or have a nice life like a great family, house, and cars. We are here to win souls, to fellowship and to give our gifts to the world. So be sure to stay connected to your faith. I understand some reading this may not be Jesus believers so if that’s the case apply this to your own faith. But in the only way I know how to teach it, some ways to connect to your faith are: find a church home. I don’t advocate church because of religion, I advocate because of the community. We all need to surround ourselves with like-minded people who can hold us accountable and stretch us and challenge us! Read your bible. It’s seriously a road map to this thing called life if you apply it. And stay prayed up. I talk to God all day. First thing when I wake up. While I’m driving. Before taking on something life throws at me. Before bed. Make him your best friend and chat with him. Get to know him, he wants to know you!
2. Discover your gifts and talents. When you tap into your passion and discover what your calling is your life changes. You view the world completely differently and you realize how much bigger life is than you. I truly believe that the missing thing many people are looking for is their calling. When you’re walking in purpose It just feels right and life seems to align in a way like never before. Ask yourself what makes you happy? What would you do for free? What problem do you see in the world that you’d want to solve? What do people come to you for advice? What are you good at? And then cultivate those things and figure out how to give to the world, the world needs you!
3. Surround yourself with the dreamers and doers. You are who you hang around. Surround yourself with people who are living in their passion and purpose. This energy will rub off on you and inspire you. Surround yourself with good energy. The energy of those around you can make or break you on a daily. Surround yourself with people who inspire you, teach you and challenge you to grow. Protect your space. This is so so so important.
4. Don’t let fear lead you. Mindset is everything. It controls what we do and doesn’t do. For most of us, it’s the latter. We are seriously capable of anything we want to achieve in life but the way we think gets in the way. Work on yourself daily. Grow your mind. Read books. Listen to audios. Attend events. Do everything it takes to start changing your inner voice from the negative to the positive. Choose to believe in yourself and watch yourself fly! Fear of failing is a huge part of what holds us back. If we can push through that and realize that failing forward is the secret to success, we will get so much more out of life!
5. Be still. This is one of the hardest things for me to do but it is one of the best things I have ever learned and committed to! We get so caught up in the day to day hustle and bustle. Social media takes up every free moment and ounce of quiet time we have. And overbooked calendars keep us busy, but not necessarily productive and fulfilled. This robs us the opportunity to reflect and listen to our souls. We aren’t able to learn from our experiences and truly connect with who we are and what we want out of life. Take time to disconnect. Pray. Meditate. Bask in downtime, alone. And just get comfortable with who you are and who you want to be!
It is time to show up bigger. Every day you wake up there is a calling on your life. Connect with yourself, find your lane and light that shit up!